Past Projects: Cooperative
Since 1966 Pride Inc. has brought together caring citizens, civic organizations, and federal agencies to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors of the greater Alton area.
Below you will find a partial list of the thousands of beautification programs accomplished by Pride:
- Project Soar in cooperation with Piasa Bird Council, Boy Scouts, and Owens Illinois. This project included Operation Eye Sore, Litter Bag Sunday and the Great River Road Cleanup.
- Worked with Senator Sam Vadalabene, IDOT, and other agencies to establish, maintain, upgrade and expand the Vadalabene Bike Trail along the Great River Road from Alton to Grafton.
- Received $5 million grant from The Olin Foundation for design and construction of the Spencer T. Olin Community Golf Course under auspices of Alton Park and Recreation Commission headed by Dr. Gordon F. Moore. Requested traffic lights are installed at the entrance to the Gordon F. Moore Park for safety reasons.
- Worked in cooperation with the Greater Alton/Twin Rivers Growth Association, the Corps of Engineers, and the City of Alton for the development of the Alton Riverfront.
- Coordinated a tree planting program in Rock Spring Park with the Upper Alton Women’s Club.
Planted 500 hardwood seedlings in the area of Homer Adams Parkway by the Godfrey Lions Club and the Boy Scouts.
- An Earth Week Program in cooperation with Alton, Marquette, and Wood River High School students.
- Cosponsored Golf for Youth Program with the Spencer T. Olin Community Golf Course.